5 lbs red potatoes, cut into eighths
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 shredded carrots
2 chopped leeks
1 soup can of water
10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
milk to taste (about 1 cup)
freshly ground pepper
Optional for topping:
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream or Greek yogurt
additional diced bacon
- Place potatoes, broth, cream of chicken soup, carrots, leeks, and water in crock pot.
- Cook on low heat 6-8 hrs or high heat 3-4 hours.
- Use a potato masher, or any kitchen utensil that will work, to mash some of the potatoes up.
- Stir in milk until soup reaches desired consistency. We like our potato soup quite thick, so I only added about 3/4 cup milk.
- Add bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (I used lots of black pepper!)
- Replace lid on slow cooker and allow soup to heat up for about 10 more minutes.
- Place soup in serving bowls and top with toppings of choice.