Please be sure to use panko bread crumbs when making this recipe, in order to get the crunchy coating. Panko bread crumbs are usually in the "ethnic" section of the grocery store becuase they are from Japanese cuisine. Enjoy!
4 tablespoons butter
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/8 cup shredded parmesan (I used Kraft, but be sure it is shredded, not grated)
salt to taste (I only used a pinch)
freshly ground pepper to taste
McCormik's Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste (or any other seasonings you prefer)
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan and add garlic.
2. In a low/flat dish comine panko, parmesan, salt, pepper, and seasonings.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Cut chicken breasts crosswise into strips.
5. Roll chicken pieces in garlic butter, then completely dredge in panko mixture. Place on baking pan.
6. If there is any remaining panko mix, sprinkle it over the chicken and drizzle lightly with any left over butter.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.