Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Champagne Chicken

I tried it out mainly because it seemed interesting that champagne was used to make the sauce. The meal received rave reviews from my husband, who stated, "You have to blog this" after only a few bites. I do not blog every recipe that I try, but this one is definitely something worth sharing. The sauce is rich and tangy. It went well with the orzo pasta I served along side it, but I think it would also go well with a simple salad and bread sticks to dip in the sauce. Oh, and don't forget to pour yourself a glass of bubbly!

Ingredients:

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/3 cup flour

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 cup butter

2 tsp olive oil

1.5 cups champagne

1 cup whipping cream

1 tsp ground rosemary

Directions:

  • Flatten chicken by placing on a cutting board, covering with plastic wrap, and pounding with meat mallet or rolling pin.
  • Dust chicken with the flour, salt and pepper
  • In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil together over medium heat
  • Add chicken and saute 5 minutes, turn over and add the champagne. Continue to cook for 12-15 minutes
  • Add the cream and rosemary and cook until thickened
  • Remove chicken and place on your serving plate. Pour sauce over chicken and enjoy
*I did not use the rosemary in this recipe because I didn't have any on hand. I do not think it is needed, however left it in the recipe in case someone wants to try it.

Recipe adapted from the Rookie Chef

No comments: