Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pinch Bowls


Time for my first product rave!  I recently purchased this set of Le Creuset Pinch Bowls at Tuesday Morning.  I have been surprised at how useful they are!  I am the type of cook who cleans and organizes as she goes.  I always admired how chefs on the FoodNetwork made cooking look so simple, quick, clean, and easy, and pinch bowls have proven to be the secret ingredient.  I honestly think that organization like this is the only way Rachael Ray can claim any of her meals are able to be made in 30 minutes!  I now use these bowls with virtually everything I make.  I love pre-measuring the ingredients and getting everything set up in advance, and then just tossing in the spices, seasonings, garlic, etc when the time is right.  No need to fumble around for the right spoon or bottle in the middle of a recipe.  These particular bowls are made of silicone and hold 2 ounces, or 1/4 cup.  They are easy to clean and do not retain smells from garlic or strong spices after being run through the dishwasher.  I also find them to be useful for serving dipping sauces and melted butter.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all since they have made cooking so much more enjoyable for me.  Not to mention, they are just so darn cute!

No comments: