Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beef & Pepper Sandwiches with Spicy Au Jus


This recipe was shared with me by one of my dear friends and most faithful blog readers, Michelle. She is always trying my recipes, so it was very fun to try one of hers! I found it to be both delicious and unique, so I just had to share it with all of you. This sandwich is similar to a french dip, but with a spicy kick. It was simple to make and the perfect meal on a cold wintery day. If you do not like things very spicy, I would recommend reducing the amount of pepperocinis you use. Enjoy!

Ingredients

Chuck Roast (2 lbs or more)
Garlic Powder or garlic salt
Onion Powder or onion salt
Pepper
1 jar pepperocinis (sold next to the olives/pickles)
2 cans beef consomme (Campbell's next to the soups)
1 can beer (any kind, I used Leinenkugel's Nut Brown)
1 loaf French bread
Provolone cheese

Directions

  • Season roast with garlic/onion powder and pepper and place in slow cooker.
  • Add jar of pepperocinis (including liquid), beef consomme, and beer to slow cooker.
  • Cover and cook on low for at least 6 hours.
  • Slice French bread loaf and then slice or shred beef. Place meat on French bread to make sandwiches and top with provolone cheese. Serve with small bowls of liquid from slow cooker for dipping.

No comments: